Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Butterick 5247 - Red Hot Mama





Butterick 5247 : View C, plus Sash

Hello Everyone, I am trying to figure out this blogging stuff and so much of has happened since the first blog. I thought I would give this pattern a try since ev'rybody made this one. This was made for Valentine's Day.


This is my very first Tunic.


Pattern Review
Pattern Description: MISSES' TUNICS, DRESS AND SASH:
Semi-fitted, pullover tunics A, C or above mid-knee dresses B, D have cowl-like collar, short or long dolman sleeves and belt. Purchased top, pants and belt.
NOTIONS: One Purchased Belt.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, even for a Beginner like me. However, I thinked I attached the cowl neck just a little bit different than the instructions.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I absolutely loved it. It gave me such great satisfaction to complete something for myself.

Fabric Used: Sparkly Red Stretch Knit

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: Attatched collar a bit differently and I was short a few inches of fabric, so I had to shorten the sleeves a few inches.

Would you sew it again? Yes, maybe in the Fall.

Would you recommend it to others? YES, Yes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though you're a beginner at least you've made something for yourself! I promise I will get around to it myself. LOL Love the red Tunic.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Netta Boo,

You left a message on my blog but no email address to answer you so I'm leaving the info here.

You asked about sewing machines and sergers. I like to tell people to go to a dealer and test drive a machine. Only you will know when you sit down at one and work it how comfortable it makes you feel. My suggestions are really useless because you have to feel at home with the machine.

If it's possible I would locate a dealer and start there.