Thursday, February 23, 2017

laissez le bon temps rouler

We had Generational Day at Franklin Street Baptist Church and each generation were assigned a different color. Well my color was supposed to be Gray, but as I have told the good Rev. Marlon Jones that color is not in my box of coloring crayons. HAHA. So I made a spring green dress and wore it with my Mardi Gras duster.





Pattern Number : McCalls
6886

 
Pattern Description : Close-fitting, pullover dresses have neckline variations, and stitched hems. A, B: Round neckline. A, E: Short sleeves. B: Long sleeves. C: Three-quarter length sleeves. C, D: Scoop neckline. D, F: Sleeveless. E, F: V-neckline and neck bands.
 

Did it look like the photo / drawing on the envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

 
Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, super easy-even for a Beginner

 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Easy Construction
 

Fabric Used : Dancewear / Swimwear Fabric that has lycra/spandex in it

Pattern alterations, or any design changes made: none, except I was worried about the length, so I added 2 inches

 
Would you sew it again? Yes, Yes, and YES! I made view C with the long sleeves and scooped neckline. It is a little low for my taste. I'm a little old fashioned and like to be covered up.
 

Would you recommend it to others? Definitely, have no fear. You cannot mess this up.

Conclusion: A great pattern to have in your repertoire. It is super easy and can be made to showcase a variety of fabrics.



No comments: